Friday, November 4, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect…Especially with Driftwood!

I was pretty excited when I first figured out how to “paint” a driftwood finish, giving pieces the weathered look that’s so in right now.
My first attempts were decent but I think I’ve finally tweaked the process enough now to give a truly realistic finish with some subtle wood grain.
This is a dining set I found and refinished this week for a super cool family here in Frisco.
001-1
They could see past the maroon, vinyl seats and chipped up tabletop to the beautiful French look we were going for.
005-2
I’m loving how the colors of the table contrast so well against their dark hardwood floors.
017-1 011019-2
Thanks Carrie and Jeb! You guys rock!
016-2
I guess its just like the ole’ saying…practice makes perfect.
If you’d like me to find your perfect piece of furniture and give it a weathered, driftwood look, give me a shout!baylorkls@aol.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...