Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall is in the Air!

Okay, maybe not judging this week’s weather in Dallas, which is still reaching temps in the triple digits, but its definitely around the corner!
Thought I’d share some inspiration for easy decorating ideas!
This is a picture I posted last year from Pottery Barn, but I didn’t mention where you can snag all of the look-alike accessories below for a big bargain! The grapevine pumpkins and wooden pumpkins are at Hobby Lobby this year. The big urns can be found at Garden Ridge and spray painted brown for a rusty look. The garland, orange pumpkins and black crows are at the Dollar Tree. The lanterns are always at T.J. Maxx or Ross. Might be trying this look out myself this fall! Stay tuned for my version!

pottery_barn_halloween

This next one I snapped a picture of outside a local restaurant. Check out my easy and cheap tutorial on how to do this. It would also be super cute with a grapevine pumpkin as the bottom one.

Atrium 002

Here’s a picture of my mantel from last fall. I always try and take pictures of how I decorate for the seasons so that I can build on the look from year to year.

007-1

Oh, and the battery powered candles below are from CVS….3 pack, can’t remember the price but it was really cheap compared to all the other stores around town.


019-1

The black cat resin treat bucket was a find a couple of years back at Ross.

026-1
I try to incorporate accessories that I already have in the house, just giving them a different purpose. This old wooden box is in my office, usually as a catch-all basket. It makes the perfect coffee table container when filled with varying pumpkins and scraps of burlap. The yellow flower stems were just plucked from the arrangement that usually sits on my coffee table, adding a little color.
006-1

Hope this has inspired you to look around and see what you can use to add some “fall” to your home! I’ll be sure to show you what I come up with this year in a later post!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...